Sunday, April 15, 2007

Where have you been?

There are seasons in your life that seem to be very busy, usually we get a chance to breathe before and after, but rarely while they are happening. Luckily, I find we are on the other side of a busy season and I am happy it only lasted 2 weeks. Either that or I am in the middle of it and have a rare chance to breathe.

Our Easter was a non traditional one for us. Aaron's grandfather has been recently diagnosed with cancer, his parents, sister and us, through lots of phone calls arranged to meet in Illinois last weekend. Normally our schedule is pretty flexible, but Aaron is in Instructor Pilot school with a very rigid schedule so time was very hard to come by. We were able to leave on Thursday, drive to St Louis for the evening, see some friends, swim in the pool at the hotel, climb back in the car and finish our drive to Peoria IL on Friday. We met up with his family for lunch and dinner on Saturday and spend some time with the in-laws... Lots of them. We had a good time catching up with each other, but the time was spend with a touch of sadness spending some last moments with Grandpa Miner. Sunday, Easter, was spent in the car. Lots of Disney and a few walks in the park ended out Easter weekend. It was a whirlwind tour of the Midwest with the unseasonably cold temperatures we all endured, but I am glad we were able to see family around the holiday, can't say that very often.

For those who have been praying for our little Sarah, we have an update on her heart. Back in December, I had to take her to the Dr because she wasn't feeling well. He noticed a heart murmur and wanted us to get it checked out with a Cardiologist. It's been months of wrangling with our health insurance to get the proper referrals in order, but the Thursday we left for Illinois we finally had our appointment with the Pediatric Cardiologist. The very wise, very old doctor that charmed Sarah out of her socks told us not to worry, the heart murmur she has is a very benign murmur that requires no medical intervention. I am so glad she is fine and we are in the clear. YEAH and thank you Jesus.

The last of the busy season happened to be self-inflicted insanity. I decided to organize a neighborhood yard sale. They are very popular in the area, usually draw tons of people and are usually very successful so I figured we could do that too. Heather and I pooled our much stagnant stay-at-home mom brains and have been working on this for about a month. It was Friday and Saturday, we made about $100 and were rained out on Saturday, but it was nice to have some neighborhood participation and it was a very easy way to get to know those in the neighborhood. Thanks Heather for all your help.

I can breathe, and look forward to my mom's visit starting Saturday. I am sure lots of pictures will soon follow as we have tickets to the Disney Princesses on Ice show on Sunday. Sarah can hardly wait and she has been inviting everyone she knows to come with us. I am hoping we can get a picture of our Cinderella with THE Cinderella. She would be so happy!

No comments: