The packers came on June 2, we are used to the house being swarmed by cardboard and very efficient packers and with this being Japan, we were ready, I mean really ready.
We had our bathroom converted into the "no touchy-touchy" room. (That's what Sarah likes to call it). But this is the room that we keep all our things that we need until we move.
Yup, that is our bathroom, the tub was full, the space behind the door was full, but the truth is that none of it got packed!
So after expecting a swarm of people we started out with a whimper. Our packers were supposed to be here at 8, the were late and well, there was only one guy. Yeah, well, at least there was some one. We had another person show up at about 11 then they took off for lunch at 11:30. The 2 guys came back with a girl and she took control of the kitchen and finished within 2 hours. She was fast. And we were trying to keep things interesting on the home front.
Dinner was couresy of Chili's, they are so nice to make a meal for us, for a small fee anyway...
Time to load the truck-in the rain...
DAY TWO
We weren't really sure what to expect since only one man showed up the day before, but regardless, we were ready for anything. Sarah went to school and I ran a few errands with Sophie, we switched off at lunch time then Aaron went into work with Sophie and I stayed home and played on the computer. Since the downstairs was finished, the upstairs needed to be packed. More men started the day so it went much faster.By far the most anticipated part of the move was the Harley, I could NOT wait to see how they were going to handle that. They guy on the bike circled the bike then gently climbed on and just sat on it with his hands on the handle bars, dreaming I guess, but who could blame him. They were very VERY careful. But I have to say, I would not expect them do anything other than that. They were great.
And, they brought the lift truck.
So at the end of the day, our house was empty, and it was sad. Nothing makes a move feel final like watching our things be loaded on a truck.
And there you have it, another move down...
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment