Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dumb

We have welcomed ourselves into the new expanse of technology in a big way. The problem is, we have done it to our everyday lives and, well, we feel dumb. The good news is that our car/van saga is now at an end, that was what I have been working on since our last update. It has been a lesson on "How to cope with frustration". Long story short, we traded in our car and got a very fancy, very nice, VERY COMPLICATED van. Why do we do this to ourselves, "we got a great deal". Famous last words. Anyway, Sarah is completely satisfied that we got it for her to play with. She loves to show everyone her new "ban". The dark side of having a van is really nice though, and although I have been able to figure out where the keys go and have realized the basics of driving are universal, it is still intimidating when you are not as smart as a car. I have to get gas in it today, who knows what kind of lesson in humiliation that will involve.

The other new technology is getting Dish Network with a DVR. Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Anyway, the poor man that was showing me how to use it had to compete with Sarah vying for my attention, so you can guess what kind of lesson I had.

On more familiar grounds, Sophie is on her way out. I am starting the process of no return and her birth is eminent. Of course, all our babysitters are leaving on vacation this week and next, so we will see how this goes. Will keep you posted.

No comments: