Thursday, June 18, 2009

Animals

Animals are great, from a distance, that belong to someone else. We were asked to dog sit from the 1st to the 15th and crazy me ASSUMED that meant June 1st through June 15th. Who's dog, I don't know, friend of a friend that kind of thing. The dog came over, baby dachshund and the girls fell in love, we agreed they would come by and drop her off the next day... Fine, that will be fine. As they left the dog with us for 15 days, they said something I find HILARIOUS! June 1st through JULY 15th, hmm, what? No, WHAT? I am screaming in my mind as I say "goodbye" and "your welcome" to these very nice, but these strangers non-the-less, that just dropped off their pooch for a month and a half.

Not to worry though, she will ring this little bell with her sweet paw to alert us that bodily functions are about to commence. Yeah, if she feels like it or maybe she will just pee on the floor right in front of you then ring the bell. This has conveniently coincided with Sophie's potty training, so now we have 2 little girls running around finding the floor a perfectly appropriate place to "occasionally" pee, or lucky us, poop.

Oh, and did I mention pee and poop, yeah, I inadvertently locked a stray cat in our shed that has Aaron's deployment gear and our Christmas stuff neatly arranged in boxes. I will assure you that cat was in the shed overnight durning a thunderstorm,as the scent of cat urine now fills the shed.

I am now taking tips on how to say "and how long will your trip take" and "what gets urine out of fibers, namely carpet and deployment gear"... GRRR.

No comments: