Friday, August 17, 2007

She's a sneeky one

I have heard all the crazy things kids do and you can almost see it coming. Things like: "do you have to go potty?" Answer: well you know what it is, no at that time, but a yes when it's really inconvenient IE: the check out line in at the grocery store, (or heaven help us at the commissary the Saturday after payday), in between rest stops on a long road trip, at the White House when you are talking to the President (OK, so I haven't had that experience but you know what I mean).

Then there is the another famous situation: it's quiet, where is she...

So while I am talking to Cora on the phone today, I experience the later situation. Sarah asked for ice cream, I gave her some, she was happy, playing, then quiet. I think she knew if she asked for more ice cream she knew I would say no. So she got into the freezer, got the ice cream, climbed the cabinets to the counter, got a bowl, an ice cream scoop and a spoon. I caught her eating the ice cream with the spoon, the ice cream scoop abandon because, well, let's face it, it represents an unnecessary middle man, and a child completely content with spoon in hand and face covered in ice cream.

By the way, Aaron and I took the girls out for dinner the other night, we finished, did some shopping and I suggested we go for some i-c-e c-r-e-a-m. From the back seat, Sarah in her small voice says "I want some ice cream". We looked at each other and laughed, then of course got some ice cream.

No comments: