Wednesday, March 4, 2009

DREAM JOB!!


He was my escort for the day, he said "I think you will like us, we are funny boys", and yes, they were!


I was a substitute teacher today for a friend of mine. They bus the American teachers into the Japanese training academy for the students to learn conversational English.

Why a dream job?
The pay is 8800 yen for 2 hours of teaching that is the equivalent of $45/ hour!!!
WHAT!?! I get paid almost double what I would to sit and talk versus working as a Nurse.
Hello, I said to sit and talk, can I get an AMEN! I found Mecca!

Putting the obvious ethical dilemma beside, I had a great time, they were finishing a basic English class and although their skills were a little rough, they were trying really hard to figure it out. They worked well as a team and were great at encouraging each other. They are Japanese military officers, all in my class were Lt most are in infantry but one was an Engineer and the other worked in Aircraft munitions.

3 comments:

Holly said...

ok, that is cute ;-)

Anonymous said...

HEY, HOW CAN I SIGN UP? MOM G

Anonymous said...

Let me hear you say HOLLA!!!! Heather