She is the first person besides our sponsors that we met here in Japan. We hit it off instantly and have been great friend ever since. Her husband was coming home from deployment and she needed a break from Yokota, mommyhood, life in general and wanted to go to Hawaii. She asked if I wanted to go with her and before I knew it I said "yes", then was smart enough to say, I need to ask Aaron, but I will call you as soon as I talk to him tonight.
Needless to say Aaron said let me check my schedule, but it should be no problem! So Yeah!
(I love him...)So I called Joy later and told her I was able to make it, let's go!
Joy: Are you serious?
Me: Umm, time away from the kids, a chance to sleep in, eat my own food, sleep!?! Let me think, YES!! Listen sister, don't threaten me with a good time...
J: well let me check on prices and I will let you know.
Me: YEAH!!!
Joy checked with Night Flight (a travel agency off base that is highly recommended). Apparently Hawaii is expensive in the summer, who knew, but they had a special going to Bali, do you want that instead?
Joy: Hawaii is expensive, how about Bali?
My thoughts: (where is Bali? I've heard of it, don't know where it is, but my kids won't be there so okay, just say okay)
Me: Okay
Joy: REALLY!
Me: Sure!! Let's do it!
My thoughts: Crap, now I need to google this place and make sure Bali isn't inhabited by monsters and that the hotels are not infested with mini-ninjas that will suck my brain out while I sleep in my own bed BY MY SELF!!

Okay, so it's on the map, that's good, people have heard of it and if the plane crashes between here and there, it shouldn't be too hard to find our wreckage in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Plus we are beautiful and are sure to be rescued super quickly, right?
Lets go in a few weeks. AHH! WE'RE GOING TO BALI!!
Joy: Are you serious?
Me: Umm, time away from the kids, a chance to sleep in, eat my own food, sleep!?! Let me think, YES!! Listen sister, don't threaten me with a good time...
J: well let me check on prices and I will let you know.
Me: YEAH!!!
Joy checked with Night Flight (a travel agency off base that is highly recommended). Apparently Hawaii is expensive in the summer, who knew, but they had a special going to Bali, do you want that instead?
Joy: Hawaii is expensive, how about Bali?
My thoughts: (where is Bali? I've heard of it, don't know where it is, but my kids won't be there so okay, just say okay)
Me: Okay
Joy: REALLY!
Me: Sure!! Let's do it!
My thoughts: Crap, now I need to google this place and make sure Bali isn't inhabited by monsters and that the hotels are not infested with mini-ninjas that will suck my brain out while I sleep in my own bed BY MY SELF!!

![]()
|
Okay, so it's on the map, that's good, people have heard of it and if the plane crashes between here and there, it shouldn't be too hard to find our wreckage in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Plus we are beautiful and are sure to be rescued super quickly, right?
Lets go in a few weeks. AHH! WE'RE GOING TO BALI!!

.jpg)
3 comments:
dude.
JEALOUS!
Wish you could have come, you would have grown your family by a few more I'm sure!
What beautiful ladies! Looks like you girls had a great time!
Heather
Post a Comment