Thursday, July 29, 2010

White Trash Cooking Cookbook

Allison gave me this really tempting (?) cookbook before we left Arkansas so I thought I might indulge you in a recipe from time to time. These are quoted right out of the cookbook-which means I'm breaking some kind of copyright law-so you are sworn to secrecy if you take this dishes to a potluck.

Leetta's Fancy Eggs and Cheese Pie

4 whole eggs
1 cup of chopped parsley
1 Cup of Swiss Cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg
1/2 pint of whipping cream
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell

Mix eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper (ingredients missing from the recipe list, did you notice). Pour into pie shell that has been baked for 5 minutes at 400 Degrees. Sprinkle in cheese and parsley and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until brown on top.

Mrs DeWald Says: "This ain't our dessert, it's for a light supper or brunch." (glad she cleared that up...)


1 comment:

Holly said...

whoa Letta..that might be too fancy for my britches ;=)