Tuesday, September 27, 2011

31 Days to Clean

So I am SLIGHTLY- well really addicted to www.pintrest.com. This book was recommended so I thought I would give it a try. This was one part that made me think I could do this.

"The heart of our homes is not the ability to keep it perfect at all costs; the heart of a home is love. We live in a thing that needs to be maintained. The thing is worthless without the life we bring to it and through it. This book is about bring life to the mundane in order to love well. We are forgoing perfection; we are choosing life."

This is a 31 journal study and the first "assignment" is to create a list of "why" I want to keep my house clean. Here are mine:

  • Aaron and I want to have a haven, something to shelter us from the day and the world in general
  • To create a place to relax
  • To create a place for everything so we can not spend so much time cleaning and can find things easier when we need it
  • To share the work so we all feel ownership (and we can have more time to PLAY!!))
  • To not have the house a distraction for me or our guests this way the visitors know they are the important part of my day, not the house.
  • Feel less cluttered and unfocused.
  • So we can let our personalities have a place to play and explore.
So now you know. Our house should be clean, but not spotless, organized but not perfect.  www.31daystoclean.com
www.pintrest.com

1 comment:

the4bulls said...

I think it is pinterest.com - like interest with a p...