Monday, March 5, 2007

All I can do is try

Yesterday evening we had the opportunity to go to a baptism service for our church. We had been talking with Sarah that we were going to do this that evening and she kept calling it "bath time". We loaded into the car and as we were driving, I wanted to prepare her for this and maybe plant a seed for the future. This is part of the conversation...

Amanda: This is something very special. When you get older, you get to choose to have Jesus come live in your heart and love Him forever just like He loves you forever.

Sarah: I love Jesus!

A: I am so glad, He loves you too. I love Jesus and Daddy loves Jesus and.... all through the list of names from the family.

S:OHH

A: When you make a choice to have Jesus in your heart, you get baptized and let everyone know you love Jesus very much.

S: Jesus loves me?

A: No matter what! And, when you make the choice to have Jesus in your heart the Bible says the Angels in heaven throw a BIG party because when it's time, you get to live with Jesus and all the angels in heaven FOREVER!

S: With Jesus and the angels?

A: Yes!

long pause

S: I love boogers.

1 comment:

Holly said...

now that's good stuff.