Sunday, March 4, 2007

It's the little things

Life has a way of becoming monotonous and sometimes I don't realize it. Except for a few moments of difference, our days have become the same for weeks, as you can probably tell by the absence of posts to our website. Wednesday Aaron came home and said that work has been so stressful and things are really getting to him and suggested going to Memphis yesterday. YEAH, a break from the ordinary! I should not complain about the ordinary and the routine, it's kept me sane because I have a predictable nap time (oh yeah and so does Sarah) and I know sleep will become a very precious commodity very soon. Anyway, we got up, put our DVD player in the car and headed off intending on spoiling ourselves to the absolute maximum and enjoying it completely.

We first went to the Macaroni Grill and for us, we usually opt for the McDonald's route, but we were going to spoil ourselves. We moved on to the mall across the street and spend most of the afternoon there. It's a big mall that has special highlights, a carousel for Sarah and a Godiva chocolate for mommy, YEAH. We people watched and in a moment of weakness, we got another dog, Anna Belle. She is of the stuffed variety and came from Build-a-bear. (No, I am not that crazy!) It was a whole different world for her in that store. She was like a kid in a candy store, actually, we did that later at Godiva. Anyway, she has been giving her new love lots of treats and taking her everywhere. It's been so much fun seeing her enjoy something so much. We topped the night off at On the Border for dinner, one of my absolute places to eat ever.

We drove home thinking Sarah would be out very quickly, sleep for hours, then wake up when we got in the driveway and be up for hours. DVD to the rescue, she watched a couple of movies and stayed awake so that when we did get home, she fell asleep almost instantly. My plan worked, or should I say, Thank You Jesus! She got up for church this morning and took an early nap this afternoon, almost 3 hours and yes I slept just as long. It was great getting out of the house and getting a break from the routine.

No comments: