Thursday, March 15, 2007

Most recients

Our house has undergone the "Sarah experience" meaning she has been testing - A LOT! People have a hard time believing our little girl can challenge us so much, but it's been an adventure not for the faint of heart nor the slow of thinking. There is a verse that has guided me most recently, 2 Timothy 4:2b "...reprove, rebuke and exhort with great patience and instruction." The most memorable, and challenging, exchange goes something like this...

Mom or dad: Sarah, I said "no".

Sarah: I say "yes", turns on her heals and willfully disobeys.

Mom or dad: silently"AHHH!" (never let them see you sweat!)


She has started to back off today, her attitude has returned to her normal happy-go-lucky self and the challenging has let up significantly. Apparently, we as her parents have passed this most recent test and she is fine with the boundaries for now... For now.

She has been saying some very funny things that make us laugh as only a toddler can do. Tonight we were asking about her birthday party and whom we should invite, she said " I want Olivia and a goat". I'm not sure if that is an honor for Olivia or not, but she was thinking of her best friend at least. The other morning, I asked her how she slept, she looked at me and said "ten thousand dollars!" and I think, wow, that's really great, wish I could sleep like that. She likes to eat "tanker talks" (tater tots) and "sour crap" (sauerkraut), but she loves most of all being in charge of Molly. She is a 2 year old dynamo when she comes to keeping Molly where she needs to be.

Oh, and I don't know how this effects anyone, but did you know you can make very cool, puffy paint with glue, paint color of your choice and shaving cream... Very cool. Will try to get the "recipe" and send it along.

1 comment:

Holly said...

just wait until that baby comes...her silly comments will start to come so fast you won't be able to retain them all! it's awesome!