Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Have you even noticed?

Have you ever noticed that after you change the sheets on the bed, something gets spilled or a creative child uses it as an open door to make a masterpiece, the clean toilet gets defiled at days end, or the dirtiest laundry happens seconds after the laundry is folded and put away? Does this happen to anyone else?

The girls and I trekked to Target today, Sophie was squirmy so I suspected the obvious problem, yep, yellow mustard stain all the way down her leg. I usher Sarah out of the toy department (yes, she got a new toy to hasten progress), marched to the front of the store where the bathrooms are, (conveniently located in the exact opposite corner from where I am), get to the bathroom and for the first time in my life, there is a line for the baby changing station (what?), and begin the process of cleaning the child. When all is said and done, she takes a bath in the sink, and I could practically put the old diaper back on because for whatever reason, a perfectly centered diaper misses the bulk of the incident. Anyway, Sarah is entertaining herself with the sink, washes her hands 7 times, I counted, then fills the rest of her time playing with the tampon machine next to the changing table. Process complete:5 minutes! Yeah mom, not bad.

Get home, it's been raining, so Sarah finds the biggest puddle and goes toddler on me. Change her clothes, even her shirt is wet, come in and head for a nap, I look down and I have a nice yellow stain on my shirt, another day with complete changes of clothes for all of us. As I speak, all the clean laundry is piled on the dryer, yep, I did happen to notice that it is the day after laundry day.

3 comments:

Holly said...

oh my girl...you are not alone! I have story after story after story!

Anonymous said...

OH, my, that sounds like one heck of a day, glad you are able to retell it with humor, that is always a good sign that God is on our side! Hang in there my strong friend! Heather

Anonymous said...

You just have to love the messes our kids present to us!
TJ