Our family went on a date, ate at the Cracker Barrel, don't ask me why, but it was good, Sophie was "spunky", but Sarah was great. Aaron found the greatest find though, an indoor glow-in-the-dark mini golf place. Oh yeah, I can't say we kept score, actually I can't say we did anything that resembled putt putt. We were busy keeping up with our 2 kids who were wandering aimlessly around the place. It was totally worth the price of admission!
Saturday Sarah and I had a chance to sacrifice our time and her cartoon watching to help at an area school repainting playground equipment and doing some weeding and stuff. It was sponsored by our church and to my surprise it was a public school, YEAH! Sarah was awesome, she understood it was a time to help other people and show them God's love since He is in heaven and we have to be His arms and legs. She came out of the experience with red, no RED paint, no strike that, oil based paint in her hair that had to be shampooed out with Mineral Spirits. We were all feeling much better after that (cough cough).
Sunday, Aaron and I substituted in the toddler class (18 months - 3 years) at church. It was not without 2 potty accidents and bubble soap in a little girls eye, the lesson was totally incomprehensible to this college graduate, so we changed things around a little and the kids didn't know anything more than what they knew before they walked through the doors. Still can't tell if it was a success. Neutrality may have been a great goal for the day.
On the news of totally useless information, I downsized diaper bags (told you it was useless) but I am excited about not having to carry around a bag bigger than the kid!
So that was our weekend. If anyone is counting, Aaron has 5 more papers to write (2-5 pages each) and then he will be done with his Master's degree. Can I get an amen!!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment