Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where do I begin

Life has been good, we have been so busy, which I never thought we could be so busy when you have very little schedule and a lot of freedom, but maybe that is why we have been doing so much.

Our computer is going through it's 5th reformat, yes, 5th! Are you kidding me... I didn't know a computer could go through something like that, but I guess we will see if it rises from the ashes or blows up with flames and fireworks. Aaron has found 2 viruses and corrupted files so communication has been a little difficult, blogging, well, that has been difficult as you can tell, and it seems to be pretty boring without pictures, just me blabbing. Sometimes I feel like the blog is like a homework assignment that needs to be done, that I flunk if I don't post something within the week. I seem to care about this non-homework assignment than I ever did with regular homework assignments.

Our Air Force assignment seems to be on hold. I have been introduced to a new series of lingo, don't know what it means necessarily, but I can hold my own on assignment talk now. On second thought, maybe I should figure it out before I embarrass myself. Our assignment showed up on a "surf", but we don't have a "rip" or "orders". The only thing I really understand is the "order" part, but that is sadly the last step.

Our home phone is cancelled now, that is a little strange but the change over has been pretty smooth. Of all the utility companies I have ever dealt with, the phone company is by far my nemesis, so it was kinda fun to can the company! Like they really care.

Sophie is now an official monkey, we've caught her in the bathroom sink, she uses her toes to grab the door handles and climbs herself up. She also loves to climb up the riding lawn mower, all the drawers to get on the cabinets, the kitchen table and the high chair. It's not the climbing I worry about, it's the dismount that's proven tricky... I swear I gave birth to a child, but the medications were really REALLY great!

Molly is cooku cooku cachu, she is barking more incessantly, gotten fairly aggressive about getting food, forgetting they make dog food and yes, I found her in the dishwasher today, the door was down so apparently that was an open invitation to come on in... Hmm, anyone want a crazy dog?

Sarah's request for lunch was to go to Applebee's because, she says, "it's a whole new world." If there is any marketing agent reading this that put their blood, sweat and tears into that tag line, it works on 4 year olds, great job to you...

The heat spell is finally breaking, the heat gets very intense about 2 weeks a year, over 100 degrees with unreal humidity. Ugh, so glad it's going away, it's hard when it's too hot to swim outside. Oh, God, thank you for the genius who created AIR CONDITIONING!! At this point in my life that I wonder what it's like to be chilly.

Here is to try number 5 on the computer, I am so thankful Aaron is home and not deployed, I would be going crazy right about now without communication with him. There is always something to be thankful for.



This was us last year, wow, glad that was a memory.

No comments: