Thursday, November 6, 2008

What happened!?!

To summarize this last month is like bottling sunshine - impossible to say the least. Aaron left to go to Singapore to bring a plane back that was there for maintenance. The logic of the Air Force is clearly illogical in that they take all their really broken planes to Singapore for repair -hmm- don't think on that too long because there is no real reason and I am sure you can feel a soapbox coming on so I will leave it at that.

This trip was supposed to last a week, maybe two, but in true Murphy's Law fashion, it lasted over a month. To our pseudo-shock, the plane was still broken when he got there, parts had to be shipped in from guess where -USA- (so fix the planes where the parts are!), the Singapore(ese?) take their weekends seriously and no work gets done, so most of his time was spent on vacation. I think it was great he got a break from the stress of work, but come on!

The whole family had plans to got to Iowa to see my family before we headed out to the Land of the Rising Sun. Plans had to be rearranged and mom helped me drive up to Iowa. Guess what, the kids get car sick! Hmm, good to know, and the "vacation mobile" turned into the "vomit comet" as mom and I settled into a long odorous drive across the Midwest.

Aaron caught up to the family later in the week, but not before the kids got to drive the combine, trick-or-treat with their beloved cousins, ride the horse, and generally PLAY PLAY PLAY! I, of course, got to see most of the family and have some serious fun SHOPPING!

So in a very VERY quick summary, I laughed, I cryed, was frustrated and overjoyed!

Lessons:

Air Force time = double the allotted time and don't hold your breath (Air Force wife for 10 years, you would think I would know this by now)

Emergency room visit while in Iowa is not so much fun when you are out of network and your kid is sick with a stomach virus instead of a much bigger problem I imagined in my head.

It's good to have great neighbors that are willing to take care of things at home.

It's awesome to have amazing family members to help make our time with them SO much fun!

Make PMS your friend.

No comments: