OK, So this is REALLY irritating me these days. Sarah is in love with Hannah Montana. It's starting to really get old. For some reason she is the "it" girl in her life and it started out cute, but now it's beyond obsessed. She wants her new room to be Hannah Montana with a bed spread with her picture on it, she wants a karaoke machine and stage in her room so she can sing like her and the list goes on. We finally talked about it tonight and we all came up with things we love about her and how we don't like it when she compares herself to HM, but I fear bigger issues on the horizon, body image, self esteem, comparison stuff and it should not be kicking in at 4, and it hasn't for the most part as she has a very good self image at this point, but man, it breaks my heart when she says things like, I wish I were like HM, she's a great singer etc.
Suggestions welcome on how to head this one off PLEASE!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment