Wednesday, January 21, 2009
On the plane
Confession: I think it's fun to listen in on conversations. I guess I'm nosey. It was an interesting conversation between a couple sitting in front of me on the 7 hour and 3 minute plane ride from Denver to Honolulu. They were in their early 20's, he was sporting a newly fashioned dread lock hair"style" and was "finding himself" instead of educating himself, full of opinions and in his mind they were "facts" derived from his Internet searching, help us if that is the source for all his facts, just made him sound even more ridiculous. His girlfriend was equally "stylish" in a non-conformist way. He was trying so hard to buck the system and conformity that he was arguing his points in circles. In her non-conformist ways, she was surprisingly traditional. Their topic of conversation happened to be parenting. I did not take notes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment