Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our Water Leak Saga


Shower wall, the leak was in one of the pipes.


The 18 inch hole that took out of our ceiling under the upstairs shower


The Japanese redneck fix until they could find the leak. (What you don't see is the cake tin shunting the water from inside the wall into the bucket. )


On an exceptionally busy day, I was sitting at the desk reading my devotions like a good girl, trying to get myself ready for the day when I heard a dripping sound. Maybe I misheard (yeah-OK) but soon I discovered not one but two water leaks. Ugh, not today!

That was 2 weeks ago. these are the holes in our house to first of all try to find the leak, then fix the leak (one of the pipe fittings wasn't properly tightened), and now we have a shower. The shower upstairs had been leaking downstairs and finding lots of dry wall to damage. I am grateful that it's finally fixed the shower is fine and there is drywall (although unpainted at this point) has been installed. The best news WE DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE REPAIRS!! I'm sure 2 weeks of labor with a plumber, sheet rock guy, shower tiler and painter would have been more than a couple of dollars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh, oh, that looks bad, loved the redneck fix though! Way to go! Heather