Harajuku is kind of a teen haven for Japanese. It's like they are catching up on their childhood and this is the main outlet for that. The problem is that Japanese have turned it into a highly sexualized version of childhood. It seems really innocent, the dresses remind me of things I would have wanted to wear as a little girl, but as you walk down the street, men are standing on the street inviting you to various kinds of "shows". (insert imagination here with a lot of the word "yuck" following whatever thought) Anyway, I went with a friend and the girls did NOT go with me. Here are some of the sights...
(Rated PG)
McDonalds are EVERYWHERE...
For all your Japanese drag queen needs...
Daisy Duke, do your brothers know you're here?
Where'd you park the General Lee?
Sarah and Sophie would DIE to go to this store!
I would DIE if I let them...
Boy? Girl?
Let's be honest, it's a valid question.
Can't help be distracted by the mannequins that I forgot to notice what they were selling.
That's just bad marketing there, although it did get my attention.
There, now you don't have to go to Harajuku...
And, you're welcome.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment