Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Springtime in our neighborhood

 
 Sarah, now the big 0-7!?!
Wait, what? 
Really?
Yes, really. 
I can't believe it either.
The cherry blossoms come out to celebrate every year on her big day.
It really is a very sweet time for us to celebrate such a great girl during such a beautiful season.
Japan is a special place.
Sophie our naturalist, she is always picking up little treasures everywhere we go. 
So far she is sticking to rocks and leaves and branches. She is much to afraid of bugs.
YEAH!!!

Sarah's walk to school.
Don't hate.

"Sakura" means cherry blossom.
 

Please tell  me what this flowering tree is called because I WANT 19 of them! 
They are amazing and beautiful and amazing and, well, beautiful.
So far on my list of wants for a yard for the house we settle in is:
This tree, blooms come in white, pink and red. (I want some of each please.)
A couple of Ginko trees, extrodrinary in the fall
Japanese Maple trees
Oh, and, yes the Sakura trees.

That's all, Please and Thank You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous trees! I'm in the process of deciding which trees to plant at my house so I'm curious for the answer to that flowering tree question!

Sandra
chelsealassie@yahoo.com

T said...

They are camellias, and they come in every color of the rainbow. Oh, and hundreds of varieties too. Gorgeous, aren't they?

Amanda Miner said...

Ah, Tracey, thanks, they are so beautiful. I shall name my garden "tracey"!