- Take some friends to Sarah's school for them to see if they like it and want to enroll their kids there.
- Go to lunch, with a total of 5 kids, 2 kids were 13 months, a 3 year old, a 4 year old and a 5 year old
- Go to JCPenney's for a reportedly great summer kids clearance, did someone say SALE!?!?
- Loaded 5 kids with car seats in the van, packed the movies, packed snacks and drinks, diapers and wipes, you know the routine, everything but the kitchen sink.
The day:
- Went to school, talked with Sarah's old teacher and saw some of her friends from last year, asked questions, tour, tour, tour.
- Load, load load, cram, squish, squeeze thankful for a minivan as we spread around snacks, drinks, check diapers, blah blah blah...
- Almost to the restaurant and witness a violent roll over accident. Stop. Hand the phone to my friend Campbell to call 911. I go see if things are OK. Things are not OK, man with severe head wound bleeding profusely. He is upside down with the seat belt holding him in. 15 or so bystanders asking if they can help with me realizing I was in control of the accident until help arrived. Was able to get the bleeding more or less under control calm him down and do an assessment of his condition.
- Ambulance arrives, I report what happened and the man's condition as I am holding his upside down head in my hands as he is bleeding. Sheet placed over me as they break the windshield to get him out, use the jaws of life to spread the sawed roof apart so they can get him out.
- I then soon realized that I was in a pretty dangerous situation with a man's head in my hands, 1o firemen with saws and jaws all around me trying to get him out. I was thinking, wow, this was defiantly plan B for my day. Then thinking this was defiantly God's Plan A for my day.
Things I learned:
- I was right where I needed to be although God had to lure me there with the promise of clearance shopping, He knows me so well.
- I was doing what He trained me to do and things went so smoothly and the people around us were so awesome!
- I packed snacks, movies and drinks for all 5 kids without knowing why at the time, but listening none the less to God's still small voice to be prepared in such a way.
- The police, fire and paramedics are such a great, well oiled team of angels that work magic in a situation that is difficult under difficult circumstances, namely the heat of the day - 100+ degrees with unbelievable humidity.
- My hair and makeup and clothes don't matter, I say that as my kids are running around and I can smell my own stink.
- Travel with a friend that you trust with your kids that can pray and encourage. Thanks Campbell you were awesome.
- PRAYER WORKS! His name is Hershall and I will be visiting him soon and will be giving all his new prayer warriors and update with hopefully his picture.
.jpg)
1 comment:
I made lasagna?
Post a Comment