Soo.. I'm half way done, I was planning on getting them done in one day, but, well, whatever...
On my birthday, Aaron told me to get out of the house for a little bit. Hmm, OK, so I did. I got on the train and went to the city to see a photography exhibit at the American Art Museum. I took the train to the Chinatown district
and looked around.
Well, the Chinatown district is really, well, not a Chinatown I was expecting. It's a shopping district that has their names written in Chinese as well as English with a few Chinese Restaurants scattered about. Oh, and a Starbucks, but, lets face it, that's nothing new...
Anyway, I did a little random act while leaving the Subway station, to someones very big shock, and kept going.
I was planning on heading to the mall and offering to take pictures, but it was COLD and I was not hanging outside long...
The exhibit I choose was not all it was cracked up to be, but I stumbled on another exhibit that brought me to tears. There was one photograph of a Tuskegee Airman taken a few years ago. To look at his face and into his eyes, well, it's something I've never felt before. It was incredibly moving.
Anyway, on the way home I stopped at a local thrift store I love and left with a sweater I love. Aaron text-ed me to let me know dinner was ready, so I came home-to a VERY LOUD HOUSE!!
My very first, and very exciting surprise party!!!
It was so sweet to have some very good friends join me to celebrate. It was such an honor to have them set aside family time to help me ring in another anniversary of 29 years old. It was a fabulous day!
The aftermath... Didn't get many pictures, but it was a fun night. That's why there are no pictures...
1. Emptied a locker with dirty towels.
2. Emptied another locker with a dirty towel AND a dirty diaper. Seriously? Wow. Some people are really inconsiderate.
3.Turned off 2 showers randomly left on at the gym. Again, really?
4. Encouraged a friend.
5. Shared some cupcakes with neighbors that weren't able to attend my surprise party.
6. Allowed someone to cut in traffic. (that seems to be a big thing around here...)
Onward and upward. More RAK to come!!
.jpg)
1 comment:
#6 You can bet someone would considerately soon let you cut in traffic in Tokyo. Mind you, your car would be stuck in the same spot for a while. :) Stopped by your blog to scan for clues on DC living!
Heart,
Ros
Post a Comment