Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness

So I finished my 36 acts. Various acts including opening doors for people, allowing people into traffic and helping a woman at the gym. So yeah for me but get ready for the good stuff!!

This is from my dad, he just emailed this to me this morning and I had to share!

Also I had a RAK yesterday. I stopped at a C store to water the bush. When I came out I usually make a purchase at a store that I make stops at so I picked up a pie and was next in line at the check out just behind a dad and (about a 12 year old) boy with a harmonica to purchase. The boy had a small tin box that he opened as he said "I hope I have enough" as he pored out a pile of pinnies, nickles and dimes. The checker said "that is $2.80" and started to count the life savings. She quit at $2.52. So I reached into my pocket and pulled out, 1 pocket knife, 1 nail clipper, 1 thumb drive, a container of hearing aid batteries and my coin purse which I emptied on the counter. The checker took about 1/2 of my valuable loot, letting me have all my pocket junk back and told him "thank you", handing him his harmonica. The boy told me "thank you" and his father thanked me. I looked at the happy boy and said. "I liked a man that knows how to save for something he needs."
The checker took my money for the pie and said "she was glad to see him purchase a musical instrument instead of junk with his money." 


Sophie's class is also jumping on the RAK bandwagon with a sticker chart for rewards when someone in the class, or the class as a whole is "caught" doing something kind for someone else.  


This is GREAT stuff!  


I love my family, they are very VERY cool!  

No comments: