Tuesday, December 12, 2006
We saw a train
Sarah is really observant, she has always been this way, but it's the little things, almost mundane things that astound them, and it could be something they see 2 minutes ago that makes them so crazy happy. We had one of those days today. We went to the library, because she is a serious bookworm that can devour books over and over again, it's great, so we were checking out and she saw a train, the tracks are right next to the library so its really fun. So she sat mesmerized at the sights and sounds and was so excited, we learned the sign language for train the other day, so she showed me her new skills and we moved on to our next errand to do that day. We had to make a stop at the ever present Wal-Mart, Arkansas remember, and as we turned down the road I heard sirens, Ok, got to the parking lot and saw a car on fire. Well, this is news in Cabot so we parked and got out. I decided this would be a great teachable moment so we walked over to where she could see what was happening, but not get close so we wouldn't get hurt. So we watched the firemen get out of the truck and hose it down, open the hood, hose it down, and then we discussed how brave they are and how only they can put out big fires and how dangerous fires can be. Satisfied that we learned a big dramatic lesson, we went inside to do our quick shopping then headed home. Aaron was home so I asked her what we saw today, she said we saw a train. Teachable moment or nosy mom, you decide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Well, I am going to say that was an exciting day in Cabot! I think it was a teachable moment and an action packed day for us stay-at-home moms! Just hate I missed it!
I think Sara made that decision for you...:-)
glad to see you on here!
Post a Comment