Sunday, October 28, 2007

Go Team Olivia!

The annual Buddy Walk for Down's Syndrome was this weekend in Hot Springs, hence the travel bloopers. The Baymont Inn will think twice before accepting us as guests again. There we a total of 21 kids represented, and of course, the one closest to our hearts was Olivia. The night before was the before walk PARTY!! complete with the girls were jumping on the beds, running up and down the halls and making numerous trips up and down the stairs (elevator was broken). Sarah kept chanting "DON'T MOVE THE SCHOOL!", already an activist, and decorating our signs for the next morning. This was my kind of walk, it was a quarter mile. Whew, feel the burn. Earned my hot dog that day!

We made signs, Sarah's said "painted my face for Olivia Grace" ; Sophie's said "Olivia Grace is mella' for her friend Sophie Bella" and mine said "Olivia Wood is the bomb, I am her best friends mom" Okay, so my career as a rap artist will never happen, but it was the thought that counts!




Stretching our legs after a long drive


The view out our window the morning of the walk.
That room was wasted on a mom with 2 babies, was clearly not used for the purpose intended!


Olivia and her peeps


The cute fam



Well, at least I was looking
Sarah-sick
Sophie- well 4 months old, what can I say


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping us make this day special! Family and friends have definitely helped carry us through our journey and having them walk with us that day was something I will never forget. I will also never forget "Don't move the School" that still makes me laugh!!!! Heather