Sunday, October 21, 2007

Heaven for a moment

It is no secret that Sarah loves, no LOVES!! horses. I guess the obsession started with Cinderella when the fairy godmother turns the animals into people for the ball. We parked near the livestock area when we went to the fair so the return trip meant that we went by the stables. Oh it was so cool. All kinds of horses were there and Sarah was in love with each one. We talked to them, called them by name if they had it posted and just had a time.

We walked out of the stables and across the way was the warm up arena with some riders practicing for the rodeo that night, I asked her is she wanted to go see the horses and she light up. So off we went, sat down by a nice woman on the bleachers and watched. Oh she was having so much fun. Well, the woman we sat next to was the mom of one of the riders so she had her daughter, also named Sarah conveniently, ride up near the fence so our Sarah could pet her horse Pepsi. So Sarah got her fill of petting and off the big Sarah rode. A few minutes later Sarah said, "I would like to ride her horsey". The mom had Sarah ride up again and off they rode. I can say that it brought a tear to my eye to see my little girl have the time of her life. Come to find out that the big Sarah was the rodeo queen, WOW, for her to take time away from what she needed to in order to make our little Sarah's dreams come true was a very special thing.





We ended up spending 2 hours at the arena, Sarah just could not pull herself away from all the action and it wasn't that she was watching them the entire time, she just wanted to be around them. Sophie fell asleep and we just relaxed, I enjoyed myself as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she needs a horse! Put a bug in grandma & grandpa's ear, hee! Don't they have a lot of land?! Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm all for it if it means we get to move back to Colorado and live in the mountains again. Wait, who's going to pay for it, though? Aaron