I have done some dumb stuff lately, I think it's because I am sidetracked and thinking about Aaron's return home, these 120 day deployments get longer every time he goes it seems. Anyway, this is a brief list of some not so intelligent things I've done. Keep in mind, these are the dumb things I am going to confess to.
Aaron and I decided we were going to shop for the girl's presents together when he got home. I got on the Internet to see if I could find a doll house in our price range and where we could go to get it. I should have known, but most of the stores were sold out of doll houses. Panic struck, Sarah has been asking for a doll house for over a month now so I was very unsure I was going to pull this one off. I haven't asked anyone for sure, but I am pretty certain a gift card for a 3 year old would not go over well. After a flurry of emails to Aaron explaining the situation, I left both girls in capable hands bright and early and I went shopping. Oh yes I found one, didn't take but going to 2 store, but I did not ruin a little girls Christmas, and if you think Santa's name is going on this doll house, you are crazy! So then after I get it home, I ask her what she wants for Christmas, "humm, a baseball." Yes she is still alive...
Okay, so that was a near miss, but this one was dumb. This year I decided to do a little online Christmas shopping for our niece, I picked out a gift for her amid the flurry of requests for various things from Sarah and the chatterbox sounds Sophie is making now. I decided to have them wrap it and ship it to her directly so I wouldn't have to mess with it. Oh, so smart. Yesterday a big box arrived at our house from Ohio, yeah, the Thomas' are the only people we know there and although the are great friends, I wasn't expecting something from them. Um, yeah, I forgot to change the shipping address on the order form and, well, lets just say ToysRUs does a great job wrapping presents. Quality control approved...
I am so proud of myself, I got our Christmas card out the door but the few that go overseas, pretty big job, so if you got one, notice Sophie's name is spelled the way it appears on her birth certificate, that was not the case on the first 1oo I ordered. Did I get a chance to proof them? Oh yes. You would think a mom would notice her child's name misspelled, you would think. Thanks again Jennifer for reordering them, I still feel stupid.
So where ever you are and whatever you are doing this time of year, know that I am doing stupid stuff right along side you. Happy Holidays fellow humans.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
At least you have an excuse, most of us don't, we just do silly things with nothing to blame it on, hee! Heather (I think you have done a pretty good job sister to just keep your head attached, my hats off to you!
Post a Comment