From time to time, we have a day dedicated to Sarah, in the future it will include a Sophie day as well, but as moms, we know when our children have reached their limits with all the stress of life, when they feel lonely or feel like they are nothing special. Sarah day was yesterday and I am reminded by the junk food why we only do this on occasion but she was in charge of the days activities with minimal interruption from mom to do things like take a shower and feed Sophie. This was our day yesterday...
Donuts for breakfast, complete with chocolate milk. (okay, the chocolate milk was nothing special, but it wasn't the usual Carnation Instant Breakfast this time!)
Watched Barney, I watched too, yes that is a sign of love if ever there was one.
Played with her train set
Took Sophie to a babysitter in the afternoon, Sarah played with their girls for a little bit before we left
McDonald's for dinner
Bee Movie for the entertainment-tip to parents, wait for the video, it was a B movie if you get what I mean
Talked to daddy on the computer
I haven't heard her infectious giggle for a long time, we played, we laughed, we joked, she felt loved and I loved that.
Today's agenda: laundry, dishes and lots of healthy food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Sounds like a very fun day! Sometimes when our husbands are deployed or rather might I say often when our husbands are deployed it is hard to see how to give our children what they need, you have never been guilty of not giving your children what they need! You are a very special mom and I hope you know that!Your patience runneth over! Heather
Sounds like a very fun day! Sometimes when our husbands are deployed or rather might I say often when our husbands are deployed it is hard to see how to give our children what they need, you have never been guilty of not giving your children what they need! You are a very special mom and I hope you know that!Your patience runneth over! Heather
OOps, seems like I had a point to make, it published it twice, oh well, you deserve a second publishment!!!
Post a Comment