Thursday, December 20, 2007

So excited

'Twas the night before Aaron comes home and all through the house,
Molly was barking at everything including a mouse.

The stockings were still placed in the attic
in waiting and wishing for the decorating panic.

Hoping to be placed by the family with care,
as we awoke this morning, Aaron's plane was in the air.

The vacuum is tired as well as the broom,
as mom has gone through and cleaned room by room.

It feels like Christmas eve to me
the real eve could not be better you see

For our family has missed our hero indeed
as we again place ourselves under his lead.

Christmas is not about presents, packages, bows
but spending time with family through highs and through lows.

Take time to reflect as the season draws near
to be thankful to God for those you hold dear.

Merry Christmas to you, Happy birthday Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a poet and I didn't know it!

I feel honored to have witnessed the homecoming today! That made me realize even more how Christmas is not about actual wrapped gifts but health, happiness, friends, and family! Merry Christmas to you all!
(Hope you guys are getting the tree put up so I can quit worrying about that, hee) Heather

The Smiths said...

Super Cute!! good job. Welcome home Aaron. Have wonderful Christmas. - The Smiths

Holly said...

ok, that made me cry (probably because Jake isn't home for Christmas this year but actually, I think I would have cried anyway, it's just that good of a poem!)