Saturday, December 29, 2007

What's going on?

OK, so there continues to be technical difficulties, our beloved 3 year old decided to turn the computer off while it was updating some files and, well, lets just say, things are a little unpredictable with our computer now...

Christmas: So much fun with a 3 year old! Santa came and ate the birthday cake we made for Jesus, that was a very fun thing for Sarah to find, her mongo doll house was a hit! It's taller than her but apparently the wrong color, not to worry, her magic crayon box came in handy and it's so much better now, very rainbowy. She loves her games, thinks her "Little People's" Nativity set is awesome, yes the camel fits in the "Little People's" airplane pilot's seat, and the donkey fits quite nicely in the bus. She has a great imagination. Her favorite thing is to read the Christmas story and act it out with the nativity set. Mom's nativity set, well, Mary is missing an arm and the camel is missing an ear. YEAH for plastic!

As for Sophie, she loves the paper, not so much in love with the toys, big sister was such a help when it came to opening the presents as you can imagine. She has no patience for being on her tummy, but as soon as you put her on her feet, all is suddenly well in her little world! She has crazy fun in her exersaucer and can now go backwards in the walker. Sarah walked by 9 months, I think Sophie is well on her way to doing just that. AHH, she is getting too big to fast!

We are all adjusting to having a man in the house. I think in about 12 years, dad might volunteer for deployments with the amount of estrogen blazing through this house. Sarah loves having her big giant play toy back. He is so much more patient with the wrestling and computer games that ol' boring mom. Sophie is realizing he is here to stay, so she is having fun getting to know him really for the first time. She is a smiley little charmer. He found out while he was deployed that he was selected to make Major, yes in addition to the "minor Miner's" we will soon have "Major Miner" in the house. I need a nickname, the best I can come up with is momma Miner, that's just not as good in comparison. Anyway, I am so proud of him and his promotion, it's very exciting.

Last night our good friends kidnapped the girls and we went on a date! Rules: no talking about the kids, work, money! That makes for interesting and challenging conversation, but oh was it worth it, I love going on dates with him, he is my favorite person. Anyway, for those of you who are local and want a fabulous dinner that requires dressy clothes, I highly recommend "Ferneau's", a little expensive, but, oh was it worth it!

So that is us, in all our happenings this last week. When we get the bugs worked out of the computer and I figure out how to use it again, I will start posting pictures and hopefully some videos...

No comments: