Friday, February 22, 2008

Blessing


One of my friends from church asked me if I needed clothes for the girls, my answer was yes, of course, so we arranged a date for me to look through some of her things as she was purging her house as well. She gave me a chair so I could sift through things, but it was apparent that an hour one afternoon was not going to be enough. She was so generous, she would say desperate, that she let me load all of the bags into the trusty van and take them home and find new homes for everything. I wasn't sure at the time what I was getting myself into, but yes there are 18 yard size trash bags FULL of clothes ranging in size from 12 months to 6x! To say this was a blessing is an understatement. Sarah and I have been working on these bags since Wednesday and I only have 5 left to look through. Every bag is like opening a Christmas present and there have been some great finds including a bag with nothing but princess dresses. Kristi's generosity towards our family will be felt for many years as I don't think I will have to buy much for my girls for the next couple of years. Truly a blessing! Thank you Merrick Family, especially Hannah for sharing your old clothes with Sarah and Sophie!

No comments: