Saturday, February 2, 2008

ROAD TRIP!!

Yes I am excited about reliving the Griswald experience with 2 kids a husband and a minivan. We have yet to pack, and this will be the first road trip with Sophie...

Current health situation:

Mom on antibiotics for a sinus infection
Sophie on antibiotics for a newly discovered double ear infection and blowing the ever disgusting green booger bubbles. Yeah, Sarah thinks it's hilarious.

Current road trip plan: Out of the house by 10 (am), it's 8 and I am blogging, yes, we are really serious about our goal.

Where are we going:

Sarah's point of view: Hotel that has a pool, one that makes breakfast for us, riding in the "ban" with our movies, and surprises hidden in the "ban".

Mom's point of view: St Louis tonight to visit our old friends and stay the night. This equates to Red Robin for dinner (Aaron and I both qualify for free birthday burgers) and St Louis is the home of Panera Bread Company, yummo! Friends and food, I know looking forward to seeing old friends and going to our old church is great, but I am not so sure looking forward to all the restaurants is as good, but, oh am I excited!

Aaron's point of view: Friends and food, yeah, its great. Traveling with 2 small kids, well, one will be easily entertained with movies, the other one is small and sick, but has personality and is adorable. Hmm. It could go either way.

We are going to Peoria IL to have one last visit with Aaron's grandfather before he goes through the Gates of Glory. It's a sad trip only because we are going to miss him, but we celebrate his new life with his new body that isn't overcome with cancer and pain. Your prayers for safety and peace are coveted as we travel on the winter.

Now, everyone, one last chorus of "Holiday Road" before the Griswald's leave for the north...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are back! Sorry to hear about Aarons grandfather. Olivia has loved seeing Sarah again since her return. The griswald song went through my head the whole time you were gone, I am still laughing that Sarah brought a Panera bread company menu home- I still think you made her steal it, hee, welcome back, H, B, and O