Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Midnight trip to the ER

We knew it was coming. We figured it would be Sophie with her non-stop fever and not eating or drinking, just the total package of misery, but it was Sarah that snuck in the back door and surprised us with croup, high fever and not breathing normally. The cold night air cleared her breathing enough that we were able to make it to the children's hospital, passing 3 other adult hospitals in the process. She is fine and sleeping well, she was a trooper and is such an optimist saying the best part was getting a red popsicle. She is so funny, she wanted to listen to music on the way home and was dancing in her car seat.

As for Sophie, her fever has broken and she is slowly becoming more herself. She is boogery and looks like she has been laminated with a glossy film, but she seems to be getting better. I hope I am not bragging too soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Sarah and Sophie are feeling better today! Heather and Olivia