Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pass it on

So the 18 bags of clothes we got from our friends have gone a long way, as you can imagine, but it was a lot of work. Starting Wednesday afternoon and finishing late Saturday afternoon, I sorted, piled, laundered, folded and piled then bagged and sorted some more. Who knew a once-in-a-lifetime blessing would be so much work! Did I mention it was a lot of work? I actually had dreams about piles of clothes and bags of things to sort through, crazy...

In all, 5 families were able to benefit from their generosity this week alone with countless children to be blessed in the near future as many bags of extras are going to our local clothes closet for foster families to access. Thank you God for such generosity graced on our family and thank you God for allowing our family to be a conduit for your blessing. I am so excited to let the girls see our family to take an active role in giving in abundance to others. I have learned so much about giving and sharing this week and that could quite possibly be the most important part of it all. The lesson has been far more important than the gift. Pay it forward and pass it on...

No comments: