Monday, September 15, 2008

Mommy and Sarah bonding time gone ary

Looking back, I realize my decision making process was flawed by irrationality, insanity or just plain stupidity. We are touching up some painting around the house and I thought this might be something Sarah and I could do together. She decided to not listen to me when I told her to put the paint can down, and for reasons only known to God, physics and gravity conspired against us and the paint can, brand new, fell to the ground, opened and spilled it's entire contents on the tile floor.

Things I am not thankful for:
  • Cleaning paint out of grout on my hands and knees with a toothbrush
  • Sophie choosing to wake up from her nap just after the mess happened
  • Trying to figure out how to punish Sarah for not listening to me (still a little stumped on that one)


Things I am thankful for:
  • Paint can was only a quart, not a gallon
  • It fell on tile, not carpet
  • I have a clean bathroom floor (GRR)

2 comments:

Holly said...

that would have sent me through the ROOF!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, Sarah can be grateful for something called mercy!

Amanda