Ok, so how are we? Well, I remember thinking that staying at home meant that I had the freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted. Yeah, well that thought stayed reality probably 30 minutes then I had to adjust my schedule to accommodate some little wonder's needs. I feel also that I have not learned how to juggle everything on my plate, overwhelmed is not enough to summarize how I feel.
We are one step closer to Japan, our pre-orders (RIP for those who know military lingo) has been signed and now the details and the millions of checklists are just beginning. We are preparing the house to be put on the market. It's difficult with more people in the house. The feeling of quicksand is amplified when the list of things to get done is more than usual.
Sickness has settled in the house, it seems a little earlier than usual. Sarah had fevers last week, now she had a congested cough, can be very irritable, and is still learning to cover her mouth with her hand and not her sister's face. Life is a learning process right?
Sophie is getting molars, 2 of the 4 are finally in, but it's been so hard on her. She had a cold kick in during the teething process which was a great combination for everyone, it was so special she had to wake us up during the night (multiple nights, multiple times) to let us know about it. I remember thinking that there was a button under the bed and when it was time for us to lay down, some supersonic buzz would go off in a frequency only Sarah could hear and she would be awake just as we relaxed to sleep. De ja vue all over again.
Our house computer is dead, Aaron is getting new things that will take me years to figure out and the computer will die just as I get comfortable with it. How do I know? It just happened to me. Doesn't take much to confuse this tech unsavy girl.
Our Commander's wife has been out of town for a couple of months taking care of her mom and thought a series of events, too boring and detailed to mention, much of the squadron spouse's communication has landed on my shoulders. I don't mind, I have met some really great girls that have become such great friends that it's been lots of fun. This, however, has become a full time job and I am so thankful Jennifer is coming home soon. YEAH!
Aaron has been put on standby status for hurricane relief so he has been home all day, so far, and we are listening to the pelting of rain on our windows. The torrent of rain has continued most of the day and will remain steady the remainder of the week. It has been nice to have him home, but we all jump a little when the phone rings and threatens to take him to work. Half of Louisiana is now in Arkansassy. I can't imagine how stressful their life is right now. Keeping them all in our prayers.
We have had a lot of fun lately with the girls, yesterday was "Sarah Day". She choose to go to Magic Springs, water park in Hot Springs,, then to Applebee's (ok?), Dairy Queen, then home to bed! Sarah starts horse back riding lessons tomorrow! Things really worked out well for us to start this week. She is pretty excited and will either stop the obsession with horses or further drive our house into horse insanity... We shall see. Pictures to follow soon. Oh yeah, and now the camera is dying, again, tech unsavy girl with another tech challenge. Oh great, can't wait.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment