I am going through my drafts that didn't get published trying to clear
out my draft box and I came across this. I originally wrote this on
March 23, 2011-12 days after the earthquake. This brings back lots of
memories and the start of some really hard things we faced as a group at
Yokota. I know we made the right decision to stay at home, but this
month of March was really hard. I think the people who stayed really
bonded, we had to rely on each other in new ways and be selfless in our
support and encouragement. We all grew, but it was hard.
So we are in Japan, we remain in Japan, well, Aaron has been delayed because of plane issues, but should be home tomorrow night, then we will all be here in Japan.
So Aaron left on Tuesday last week and then I was introduced to Voluntary Evacuations and instantly froze with panic. What was the secret, why would I leave my home, ask Sarah to leave her school (which wouldn't take much) and most importantly trade my super warm, comfy bed for and airplane seat?
Turns out there was no secret handshake to get the answer, it seems there were 2 main camps, maybe 3 but most people left because
1. It was proving too stressful with the nuclear threat, constant aftershocks 750+ since the original earthquake, sometimes shaky communications, and family in the States asking for them to come home.
2. Opportunists taking advantage of a free flight home, don't even get me started...
3. Deployed spouses that were planning on taking that very long flight anyway, might was well go with 600 of your closest friends have have lots of extra help.
2 of 3 reasons are completely understandable, very reasonable and totally acceptable, again, don't get me started on the 3rd group (Option #2).
God reminded me of a brick of truth He through at my head a while back. This reminder came as I was considering, pondering and weighing the pros and cons of leaving. The reminder goes something like this, "You do not have the right to go ask someone else what to do before you ask me." So during this entire really REALLY long couple of weeks, I've put on my big girl pants and faced them on my knees.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment