Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another proud first

As parents we are no strangers to first's and as our child or children get older, their firsts become fewer and farther between. When they do happen, we usually remember them, but today was an especially proud parental moment for Aaron and I. I attend Community Bible Study and the children Sarah's age have a lessons they follow while I am in my own class. It's been such a blessing and it's been wonderful to see her grow in wisdom of the things of God, but unsure how much teaching penetrates the toddler fog and instills in their heart I have been unsure of until today. I should not have underestimated the awareness of kids, nor underestimate the ability of God but today she said her first Bible verse, one we have been working with her for months off and on. I was getting her ready for her nap and she took my face in her hands, looked straight into my eyes and said "Don't worry, your prayer has been heard". Wow. She said it exactly and I was so proud. I must have showered her with enough praise because she has been saying it all day, even to Molly. I am so glad she is learning big things and it's one big step of hopefully a long life following Jesus. She is so great. God is greater. We are blessed.

2 comments:

OGMOM said...

Wow, I bet you could have or did cry! I almost cried when I read that! Little ears can hear big things that we don't think they do!

P.S. You should be a writer/author, you have a great way of telling a story!

Holly said...

that is such a cool idea, I am going to start working with Lydia tomorrow! thanks!