Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Leave it to me
So the other night was my monthly reprieve from the rigors of responsibility with a chance to meet with other women, I say women because we only know each other by real first names and not ___'s wife or _____'s mom, (we all need an outlet like that, in my opinion). It is my monthly bunko night (combat bunko, I might add) and we were meeting at a woman's house that lived out of town. We all decided to meet at Wal-Mart, where else, and carpool to her house. We played, I was doing exceptionally well, not my usual skill and won some money ($5), (I told Aaron I was contributing $5 to the household budget that night, spent it on Arby's today)! So it was time to say goodbye and leave for our trip home. Well as we all know Arkansassy is not know for it's brutal winter weather so what I did was very difficult to do, but I seem to have this crazy ability to show my incredible talent for klutziness with a crowd watching. I found the only ice patch in the greater Little Rock area, slipped and twisted my ankle. Just a tip, if you want immediate attention, fall while pregnant. It was like someone yelled "PREGNANT WOMAN DOWN!", everyone came running and I had a lot of help getting into the waiting van. I was actually very grateful for the help because it really hurt. Anyway, the trip home was fine, I was able to let the pain subside a little before I had to drive the short remainder home. That night I had to get up and use the restroom, pregnant remember, and hobble back to bed. Aaron helped me and got me some ice, very good man, took some Tylenol and got to sleep. The next morning Aaron suggested he go to Goodwill and buy some crutches so I could be mobile, and in his words "have something in case any of us need it" which is code for saying, "in case my klutz of a wife decides to display her unusual talent for hurting herself". Anyway, I have been up and walking, without a limp and occasionally am reminded I hurt myself just about a day ago. I guess the point of this story is that I have no pride and admit readily that I have no grace. God loves me anyway. The only weird part of this story that is Aaron was not deployed. I have no idea how that slipped through the web of Murphy's law, but I am happy it did thought. Thanks Heather for the meal. Loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I am just glad to know that I am not alone in this klutz category! I am suprised that I don't have a pair of crutches you can borrow-nonetheless so glad that you are ok though! I am just a little scared now of our trip knowing how graceful we both can be...(p.s. pack the crutches)
Post a Comment