Monday, January 22, 2007

Girls

There is something about girls, and it's wonderful. We have a play group that meets once a week with families in our neighborhood, and usually we have a few families with boys that come over, but today we had a total girl-fest and it was great. It helped that they all played together, shared and chased each other and were content to be active in the same game at the same time. Just writing that I realize that was a miracle in itself. But I caught myself sitting back and just listening to the sounds of happiness, girls that like each other and have a great time in each others company produces such a sound of joy. Even Molly seemed to respond to it. It was a peaceful, happy, noisy time of fun and it was one of those moments I realize it's great to be a mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girls have the sweetest laugh, I bet that was a precious, fun time!