Sunday, January 6, 2008

Date night

Date nights for us are very important however we have been bad about scheduling it, money is tight a lot so it's hard to spring for a babysitter then have a date that consists of something other than McDonald's. We got a chance to meet a couple from the squadron right before he left, the guys deployed together and it's always so nice to have some extra people around that are in the same boat you are in. Stacee and I hit it off and had fun being mutual dates while our husbands were gone. We have gotten to know each other very well considering its only been 5 months. We have decided to share babysitting nights and hopefully this will free up some funds and know our kids are being well taken care of. We took their little girl for a little bit last night and they seemed to have a great time on their date.

Things I learned while we took care of Anastasia...

Sophie and Anastasia like to eat at the same time. Problem: one high chair and a preschooler that needs lot of attention. Solution: Anastasia gets to eat first, she is our guest, sorry Sophie.

I am SO NOT READY for another child!! No problem, no solution needed.

Its great having someone else rattling around this house, lots of happy noise makes me happy...

Molly is excited about new kids in the house for exactly 5 seconds after the parents leave, then she hides and revels in the fact that she is faster than a 9 month old.

Making cookies during babysitting time was maybe not the best plan, it was fun though and the "fruits" of our labor were worth it. If I call cookies fruit, does it make the cookies healthier?

I love it even more when the kids are asleep. Someone once said the best time of childhood is when they are playing. WRONG-O! Although that is sure a cute time, the best time is actually when they are asleep!! Can I get an AMEN?!

We have 2 kids, they have one! Good luck to them when we drop our little ones off, hee hee...


Hello, I'm Sophie, how are you?



Where's Molly?


Already talking, it starts so early!


Sophie is teaching Anastasia how it works, don't think she needed the lesson, but it was cute!


Just makes me giggle!



5 comments:

The Smiths said...

Bring it on!! we are excited to take the girls.

The Smiths said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

AMEN...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Holly!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Too cute, those little girls gabbing and checking each other out! Heather