Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We've been robbed!




Not robbed, but let's analyze these photos...

1. If all the junk was taken and left the girls unharmed and playing in the living room, I would be eternally grateful.

2. Do you have things, or do things have you? Hmm, well, I think we both know that answer don't we...

3. Why did we do this to ourselves. Well, we have a child, the one sitting innocently on the floor, that will soon be anywhere but sitting innocently on the floor. I decided to clean the carpet for the above reason. I was watching a Stanley Steamer commercial this summer and found myself a target of their marketing techniques. I waited until we had extra money, aka deployment, and hired them to come in and do their magic. DON'T DO IT!! He walked around the house as I showed him the problem areas and I heard him say, over every stain, "Oh that won't come out, oh, that won't come out, oh, that won't come out..." They were here for an hour and got one stain out, he was proud, I was poor and angry. Lesson learned: invest in a Bissell and do it yourself!

4. OK, after that explosion, I forgot where I was...

5. Oh, yeah, Sarah wants to help, so we made a game out of the chore and used the cord as a jump rope. She was happy and I was able to get the floor clean. I guess Mary Poppins was right, just make the chore a game and snap, it's done. We did have fun, Sarah and I laughed silly while I was cleaning. Never doubt the wisdom of Mary!

5. Yes, carpets look great and Sophie is again innocently playing on the floor as we speak.


No comments: