So Sophie is the little girl that has a seemingly endless supply of boogers, I don't know how she makes them, apparently it's a hobby, she seems to excel at the task. She seemed to somehow make copious amounts then started this hacky cough, then started wheezing, then started having to us her neck muscles to breath. This was not overnight, it was gradual, every morning she would wake up and sound horrible, then progressively get better so I wasn't too concerned until she started using her neck muscles.
The Peds clinic was closed of course so we took a trip to the ER. The nurse sucked out the boogers, yeah, I was once the mean old nurse the mercilessly took a big piece of plastic and stuck it down the nose, a tube too big for the opening, but did that stop me from trying to reach her toes through her nose? NO! Paybacks are a booger (ha, ha). Anyway, she didn't get the job done so in comes the respiratory therapist and the screaming begins. At one point Sophie's head was purple and I had to remind myself that a respiratory therapist is probably skilled enough to bring back a child from purple to pink, but it was an almost audible reminder, kinda freaked me out. Anyway, she apparently unplugged the deepest cavern of snot because my normally juicy kid is super slick now.
Long story short, she is doing much better. She is on albuterol, which is great but a little tricky. Apparently it's like having 3 cups of coffee in one dose of albuterol. The problem is I am supposed to give this to her every 6 hours, around the clock. Yes, the prescribing doctor was not a dad, need I say more. I have been creative about how Sophie gets her medication, she is getting better and her usual self has returned this morning. All better? Well, she had her 6 month immunizations today, when it rains it pours.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment