Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008!

Did we celebrate? Well, kinda, got the kids to bed about 9 and then went to bed about 11. Adult time is a precious commodity so it was nice to sit up and talk.

Sophie got us up at 3 soon after I got Sarah into bed at 2 from waking up for whatever reason, I swear she thinks we plan parties after she goes to bed, she is so nosey. Aaron said he didn't hear her sneak into bed, I didn't either frankly, I just felt her land on me.

Our big Christmas present was a flat screen TV, yeah for us, but here is what a new TV means in our household:

*Aaron researches the perfect TV, can't find it in ANY store so we shop online, found one in Montana (what!), but offers free shipping and no tax (OK, that's nice)

*Shop for bracket to put TV above fireplace, again another online purchase.

* Against Aaron's wishes, we change the location of the stereo and components to the other side of the living room, I thought it would look better until he explained the wiring issues. That man must love me because for the last 3 days, he has been in the attic rewiring the TV, stereo and Dish network. This also means rewiring the speakers and filing holes in the wall.

*Patching said holes in walls leads me to paint said walls.

*Sarah wants to help, now Aaron's dress jacket has paint on the back, don't think it will come out...

*Furniture moved so walls can be painted.

*Carpets: let me refresh your memory... 1 toddler, one 6 month old learning how to eat, half the time the food is food the other half the food is ammunition, oh and one dog that for some reason loves to find the biggest mud hole right before she comes in the house, yeah it's time for some TLC

*Clean the carpets with our trusty bisell

*Rearrange furniture and rehang pictures (have yet to do that)

*Oh yeah, the TV is on back order and the bracket will be here no sooner than the 8th.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to us?

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

Can't wait to see the new room! I am sure it is beautiful :)