We pray daily that we will be a blessing to someone and God is listening and has sent me some really COOL opportunities that I can only say came from Him...
Let me give you some back ground. Our church is so great. God is using mightily in the community and has powerfully changed lives in the process. I am a proud member. James 1:27 says "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: To visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." We are a body that has taken that and really embraces it. We embrace the Foster Care system with total abandon. Members of our congregation are becoming loving homes for these "orphans" and taking care and sharing His amazing love with children who really need it. There are so many other opportunities to serve the community, but God has placed some other things in my life separate from our church. I don't question His leading and am happy to follow His guidance.
My first opportunity has been one for awhile. I am the Key Spouse for the squadron, it's an official position and I work very closely with the Commander and his wife. Until a couple of months ago, it was not used to it's full advantage mostly because the former leadership didn't see it's true potential. We now have a commander that understand and it's been so great. I get calls from all kinds of fellow spouses that need various things to make things in their life a little easier especially during a deployment. It's been a pleasure to help and I love doing it. The program in our squadron has been expanded and now I am so pleased to have 5 more fellow spouses join me in what I see as a mission to help the wives in our military family. I love it.
The second opportunity has been very quick in coming but I see it as something very powerful. We have MOPS in the area, but most are at night and to get someone from the established MOPS groups to do something as simple as call someone back has proven impossible. I have been asked to join a few other incredible women and start a MOPS group that will be one that is welcoming and fill huge need in our community. I am so excited to see what happens with it. God is so great at answering prayer!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment