Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Van is FIXED!

I have never been happier to have AC in my life, well, maybe the day we moved into our house in the middle of JUNE! Yeah, that was hot. Anyway, in September, we had a rock go through our air conditioner condenser in the van. Apparently that is a vital piece to making the van cold. Aaron was deployed, Brent, the neighborhood mechanic, took the fuses out so the motor wouldn't burn out, probably a great idea and then we waited and tried to figure out when and where we were going to get it fixed.

We never got an overwhelming response from friends and neighbors about where to take the van to get fixed so we took it to the dealer. I sometimes wonder if I am a doormat or a very patient woman. Maybe a little of both, but it took 3 times of us taking the truckster down to get fixed, Aaron took leave twice because it was going to take hours and I find that sitting at a car dealer for hours is hard for me let alone adding kids in the mix.

The first time I took it in, they assumed I wanted a quote, umm, no, I WANT IT FIXED! The second time I tried to get it fixed, they didn't have the part, this after waiting for 2 HOURS!! They did change the back windshield wiper, OHH. They said I could have a loaner car when they got the part in, they filled my car with gas and would detail the van after they fixed the van. I was so tempted to let the neighborhood kids eat ice cream and popsicles in the back of it and then take it mud bogging to really get my money's worth out of the detailing, but who am I kidding, I have kids, it's already a mess inside and out. I requested a red convertible sports car. I got a white Pilot, not really the same, but it was nice to have the freedom away from the waiting area.

So they called me Monday to say they had the parts and had a loaner car for me. They actually FIXED the car, I was stunned.



This is what it takes for our kids to move from Point A to Point B on a daily basis. And the guy at the dealership says "I hope this hasn't caused too much inconvenience". He's not a dad, I would bet money...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, what an ordeal, huh? The carseats are always a headache, glad you survived it all and thank goodness for AC in Arkansas! Heather