Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sarah's check up

Sarah had her check up yesterday, there were very good things to report. She is 38 1/2 inches tall, and just over 30 pounds (30.6 to be exact) which still places her in the 25% for height and weight, always has been, and I guess that's because her parents hang out in that range as well. She actually made a crack about that this morning, she said I was too short because I didn't eat "anytime" food. Yeah, "thanks", I think to myself as I am dragging my body out of bed pre-7am to feed your little body its anytime food. Her eyesight is fine, which is a big deal on my side of the family, she is growing properly, coordinated and doing well.

Then there are the parts to check ups that I HATE. IMMUNIZATIONS! I understand the need for immunizations, they have been the topic of controversy lately, but on the whole, they have done wonders for children to rid the world of horrible deadly diseases. It's so hard to watch your child get them though. She had to endure 5 injections yesterday, all in her legs and I have never seen her in so much pain. I am lucky, I know, I have so many friends with children that have gone through heart surgery, multiple hospitalizations, multiple surgeries, I completely understand that I am out of my element when it comes to watching my child suffer, but it breaks my heart to watch them hurt.

She looked at me when all was said and done and said "That was a mean fing to do, that weally hurt".

Later in the day, she was up playing and having a good time, the drama of the day over and forgotten, but she is again protected from really bad things. Now I just need to forget about it.

No comments: